Fixed and Growth Mindset with Ana Melikian
Ana shares her fascinating story of moving from Portugal to Phoenix Arizona, USA. She had been traveling the world speaking in her academic life as a Psychotherapist, and left it all behind to be with her husband.
She had recently finished her PhD but the education requirements in the USA were different. To practice in the United States, she would have been required to spend more time in school so she decided to start her own coaching business. Ana tells us that jumping back into school felt as if she had completed running a marathon and was about to run the second one right away.
Ana felt that life coaching pulled her skills and academic life together and went on to become certified through the best coaching programs. She had found that her coaching business was much different from her practice in Psychotherapy. Using a Growth Mindset, Ana began to look to find a way to make her success in coaching.
Ana began to train with Michael Port, the NY Times Best Selling author and creator of Book Yourself Solid®. She became certified, then became an elite coach.
In the interview she shares about mindset, and mentions Carol Dweck’s book. Mindset.
Ana’s steps to changing your thoughts:
- Become aware of our fixed mindset, we all have blind spots and a self-awareness muscle. We can become aware of our talk telling us that we cannot do anything.
- Recognize we have a choice, decide if we will do something about it.
- Talkback with our growth mindset. Reframe negative thoughts into we can do it attitude. Add yet, to your thoughts, I am not good at this yet!
- Effort is far more than desire, it requires us to work at it, and it is totally possible!
Recorded in April, 2019. The interview is available on the Podcast: Here
- FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/AnaMelikian
- LINKEDIN https://www.linkedin.com/in/AnaMelikian
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnaMelikian
- INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/AnaMelikian/
- YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/AnaMelikian
“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”